Preparing for Negotiations and Distributive Bargaining
After completing the required background readings, answer the following questions:
1. Calling to mind a workplace conflict that was negotiated (or researching an organizational conflict), what specific preparations can you identify? (It is OK to use the same conflict from Case 1 here, and expand upon it using the new questions below).
2. What else could have/should have been done to best prepare?
3. How did the bargaining play out? (Be as specific as possible.)
4. What was the outcome for each side? What was achieved, and/or what was left unresolved on the table?
5. What specific changes could you recommend to improve the process of resolving this conflict?
Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
1. Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references
2. As we have multiple required items to be addressed herein, please use subheadings to show where youre responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
3. Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources. Use at least three references and a minimum of two of these from peer-reviewed sources. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php and for evaluating internet sources: