Key Informant: A person who (1) knows the community can live or work in the community; and (2) will talk to someone from outside the neighborhood.
1. Select a person who you think will help you begin to understand the complexities of the community. The person may be a community member or an employee of an agency. Each student must complete one key informant interview on EITHER a member or employee, not both persons (any information written in this project should be employee of the agency that I am going to provide please). The agency is the Veteran Affairs in the Bronx, NY.
Agency Personnel as Key Informant
1. What is the philosophy of the agency?
2. What are the goals of the agency?
3. What is the population served by the agency?
4. What are the criteria for using services?
5. How many clients are served daily, weekly, or monthly?
6. What are the hours of operation?
7. What specific health services and providers are available?
8. What referral sources
Community Member as Key Informant
Historical development of the neighborhood
1. How long has the area existed?
2. How has the area changed since the beginning or in the time that the person has been in the area?
3. What are the strengths of the neighborhood?
4. What are the key concerns of the neighborhood?
5. What are the major organizations in the neighborhood (note, these do not have to be health related)
6. How can a College Nursing students be of greatest use to community members?
7. Is there anyone else in the community we should talk with to learn more about the neighborhood?
Summarize your findings from the Key Informant Interview.
Analyze your findings from the Key Informant Interview: answer: in what way does this information help guide your care of the clients in this community?
Elected Official Key Informant
1.What are the positive features or strengths of this community?
2. What are some of the social problems in this community?
3. What are the health problems or risks in this community?
Plan and Intervention
Devise a hypothetical health plan for your community based on your data analysis
The Plan and Interventions must be organized around the Levels of Prevention
Discuss three relevant evidence-based practice articles from the literature that supports your Plan & Interventions
All papers and listed references must use APA Format. Style and presentation will be graded.