A. Analyze how business practices, regulatory requirements, and reimbursement impact patient-family-centered care within a healthcare organization.
B. Complete the attached Patient-and Family-Centered Care Organizational Self-Assessment Tool (PFCC) for a healthcare organization.
Note: The PFCC tool is a subjective tool used to assess the organization you have chosen.
1. Describe the healthcare setting you used in the PFCC.
Note: Please include the type of facility, the services provided by the facility and the diverse ethnic groups cared for by the facility.
2. Using the completed PFCC tool, describe the strengths and weaknesses of the organization for each domain.
C. Identify one area of improvement from the weaknesses identified in part B2.
1. Create a strategy to increase patient-centeredness in the organization by addressing the weakness from part C.
a. Discuss how you would apply either system theory or change theory in the development of your strategy to address the chosen weakness.
Note: The strategy should include the development of a multi-disciplinary team and how patient-family centered care can be improved.
2. Discuss the financial implications of implementing this strategy.
3. Discuss the methods you will use to evaluate the effectiveness of your strategy.
D. Create a multidisciplinary team by identifying the following:
potential members that will assist you in implementing the identified strategy
The role of each team member
1. Discuss how cultural diversity within the team supports patient-centered, culturally competent care.
2. Using one of the leadership theories below, discuss the leadership style you would utilize in developing your team:
3. Discuss how the team will work together to implement the strategy to address the weakness identified in part C1.
4. Describe how the team will communicate the identified strategy and intended outcomes to the healthcare organization.
5. Describe a specific tool you could use to develop the teams self-assessment skills.
E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.E. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.